In August 2020, the Women, Peace and Security Network-Canada (WPSN-C) hosted three virtual consultations with women peacebuilders to develop recommendations for the WPS Focal Points Network. Held in Arabic, French, Spanish and English, the consultations brought together 50 feminist voices from around the world, including women’s rights organizations and organizations working on WPS issues in fragile and conflict affected countries, representatives from youth networks and academia, as well as Indigenous voices.
This report is a summary of these consultations with insights from specific participants. These insights are grouped by themes, with specific recommendations under each theme. WPSN-C hopes the WPS Focal Points will draw important lessons and actionable next steps from the perspectives and lived experiences of consultation participants.
Consultation Recommendations to the WPS Focal Points Network
- Bringing the WPS agenda into the COVID-19 response
- Ensuring that WPS work continues even during the pandemic
- Working towards an inclusive and intersectional WPS agenda
- Improving data and information on WPS issues
- Addressing the ongoing resourcing deficit for WPS work
- Including robust responses to displacement and migration issues in the WPS agenda
Link to full report can be found here.