The main purpose of Mexico’s Women, Peace and Security National Action Plan is to promote the meaningful participation of women in conflict prevention and peacebuilding at all levels and in the efforts of the United Nations for peacekeeping, peacebuilding, reconstruction and sustaining peace. It involves relevant Mexican institutions and the support of UN Women and civil society organizations.
Gender equality policies/ feminist foreign policy:
- National Program for Equality between Women and Men 2020-2024
- Mexican Feminist Foreign Policy to Mexico’s Feminist Foreign Policy
Key WPS and gender equality reports/resources:
- Network of women builders of peace (MUCPAZ in Spanish)
- Mexican Joint Training Center for Peacekeeping Operations (CECOPAM in Spanish)
- First Report on the Implementation of the National Plan of Action of Mexico for the Follow-up of the Resolution 1325 (2000) of the Security Council on Women, Peace & Security