Lithuania’s National Action Plan on Women, Peace and Security has three main goals:
- To promote women’s leadership and meaningful engagement in security and democratic processes at the national and international levels;
- To increase participation of women in international peacebuilding, peacekeeping and mediation;
- To intensify international cooperation on pertinent issues of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda.
Concrete measures and financing are already foreseen for each of these goals. The Implementing institutions of this NAP are the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of National Defence, the Ministry of Social Security and Labour, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Interior, and the Police department.
Gender equality policy:
Key WPS and gender equality reports/resources:
- National Programme on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men 2015-2021
- Action Plan for Implementation 2015-2017 for the National Programme on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men 2015-2017
- Statistics Lithuania publication “Women and Men in Lithuania 2015”
- Statistics Lithuania publication “Women and Men in Lithuania 2014”
- EUROSTAT (gender equality)
- A toolkit for gender equality in practice – 100 best practices for gender equality at work