After its first National Action Plan (NAP) on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) for the period of 2010-2013, France adopted its second NAP from 2015-2018. The process of adopting the NAP involved a consultation with civil society and different ministries.
The objectives of the second NAP are based on the five pillars:
- The participation of women in managing conflict and post conflict situations
- The protection of women against violence and the protection of women’s rights in conflict and post conflict situations
- Fighting against impunity
- Prevention through raising awareness about the challenges related to eradicating violence against women, against women’s rights and gender equality
- The promotion of the WPS agenda at the regional and international level
The third NAP is under development and soon to be released.
Gender equality policy
Key WPS and gender equality reports/resources
Women, Peace and Security and Humanitarian Action Compact