The development of the Democratic Republic of Congo’s Second National Action Plan (NAP) on Women, Peace and Security was a participatory process involving the Ministry of Gender, Family and Children in collaboration with the sectoral Ministries including the Ministry of Defense and ex-combatants, the Ministry of the Interior and Security, Security Services, the Ministries of Health, Social Affairs, Human Rights, Finance, Foreign Affairs, Youth, Planning, Civil Society Organizations, Provincial Divisions, community leaders, organized forces, technical and financial partners, ambassadors from the Group of Friends of Resolution 1325, young people and scientific actors.
The second NAP was also formed after the evaluation of the first NAP for the whole country. This assessment made it possible to know the strengths and weaknesses of the document and to better orient the second NAP. It has been subject to national validation with the collaboration of the agencies of the United Nations and the The Group of Friends of Resolution 1325.
The main objectives of the NAP are to promote a secure environment and guaranteeing equitable involvement of women, men and young people in the consolidation of peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo. It establishes the link with several other instruments whose challenges and concerns emerged from the current political, social and economic context. To address these challenges, the second NAP had to integrate:
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): SDG 1 (No Poverty), SDG 5 (Gender Equality), SDG 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions);
- the participation of youth, young and adolescent girls, children and young women (UNSCR 2250 with the pillars of participation, protection, prevention, partnerships, disengagement and reintegration);
- the protection of civilians in armed conflict (UNSCR 2475)
- the African Union Agenda 2063 in connection with the goals 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the African Union New Deal Objectives
This NAP is budgeted for a period of 4 years with the overall budget of 23,520,560 US Dollars.
- Rapport pays de 15 ans de la mise en œuvre de la Résolution 1325 du Conseil de Securité des Nations Unies sur les Femmes, la Paix, et la Securité en République Democratique du Congo
- Rapport pays de 20 ans de la mise en œuvre de la Résolution 1325 du Conseil de Securité des Nations Unies sur les Femmes, la Paix, et la Securité en République Democratique du Congo
- Data Collection Report – 2018
Gender equality policies
- La Politique Nationale Genre
- Les Stratégies nationales de lutte contre les violences basées sur le Genre
- Les Stratégies nationales de l’Intégration du Genre dans les politiques et programmes