The objectives of the Austrian National Action Plan are to promote the involvement of women in peace processes, to strengthen preventive measures against violence against women, to increase the participation of women in Austrian peace missions and to increase the share of women in leading positions in international organizations such as the United Nations or the European Union.
A working group, composed of the Federal Chancellery, the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Interior, the Ministry of Justice, the Austrian Development Agency and chaired by the Federal Ministry for European and International Affairs annually reviews the implementation of the Action Plan and prepares the annual implementation report. Civil society organizations are closely involved in this process.
NAP Monitoring Reports
- Fifth Implementation Report
- Sixth Implementation Report
- Seventh Implementation Report
- Eighth Implementation Report
- Ninth Implementation Report
- Tenth Implementation Report
- Eleventh Implementation Report