Office of the Special Envoy of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission on Women, Peace and Security (OSE)
The AU Peace and Security Council adopted the Continental Results Framework (CRF) for Monitoring and Reporting on the Women Peace and Security Agenda in Africa (2018- 2028) as a tool to enhance AU member states accountability on the agenda. A mid-term review will take place in 2023.
The CRF is the first continental monitoring and reporting framework to enhance accountability of Member States and the African Union Commission (AUC) in the delivery on their commitments on Women, Peace and Security. Member States committed to submitting reports that constitute the basis of an annual report by the AUC Chairperson on the status of implementation of the WPS Agenda in Africa.
- Monitoring and Reporting on the Implementation of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda In Africa (2018 – 2028)
Gender equality policies
- Maputo protocol (2003)
- Solemn declaration on gender equality in Africa (2004)
- AU Strategy for Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (2018)
Key WPS and gender equality reports and resources
- The report of the African Union Commission chairperson on the implementation of the Women peace and security agenda in Africa (2016)
- The report of the African Union Commission chairperson on the implementation of the Women peace and security agenda in Africa (2018)